• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Picardie Tumblers—from before bulging design

BillG

Duralex products are amazing, but even they break under severe provocation. I’ve tried replacing the casualties, but find only the newer design with the unsightly bulge in the middle. Is there a vendor who might offer the pre-pandemic, more elegantly shaped model, ideally in the largest size?

Thank you in advance!

BillG

3 hours ago, BillG said:

Is there a vendor who might offer the pre-pandemic, more elegantly shap

There must be literally millions of these around.  NOS may be hard to find, but thrift stores may be your friends.  And do your time on eBay.

Why the aversion to the "bulge"?  It looks pretty subtle to me.

I got mine at Williams Sonoma ages ago; I just checked their website and they seem to have the ones with the bulge - but from the look of the photo the second largest one doesn't seem to have the same bulge as the others.  It could be the photograph.

I second the suggestion to search eBay and possibly Replacements  Ltd

The bulge is more apparent in some sizes. Go to the Picardie page on Duralex's website, and use the dropdown menu to view the sizes and shapes:

https://www.duralexusa.com/collections/duralex-le-picardie-tumblers/products/duralex-le-picardie-clear-tumbler

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.