• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Additional information

Boiled/steamed/poached eggs?  Pretty unpretentious, low fat, good protein percentage, simple, easy, inexpensive.

Chicken breasts can be prepared in numerous low-fat ways.  Sunset magazine's pepper steamed chicken is a favorite here and a nicely poached piece of chicken can be something very nice. There are many recipes and techniques for poached chicken.

Apple cider braised turkey thighs? I've had good results with that and my guests have liked the dish.

Over the years I've been making variations of turkey/bean chili, sometime with little or no oil.  Pretty simple, add herbs and spices to taste.

Variations of the Native Americans' Three Sisters Stew might be worth considering.

I'd be happy to send you these and other similar recipes.

Shel_B

Shel_B

Boiled/steamed/poached eggs?  Pretty unpretentious, low fat, good protein percentage, simple, easy, inexpensive.

Chicken breasts can be prepared in numerous low-fat ways.  Sunset magazine's pepper steamed chicken is a favorite here and a nicely poached piece of chicken can be something very nice. There are many recipes and techniques for poached chicken.

Over the years I've been making variations of turkey/bean chili, sometime with little or no oil.  Pretty simple, add herbs and spices to taste.

Variations of the Native Americans' Three Sisters Stew might be worth considering.

I'd be happy to send you these and other similar recipes.

Shel_B

Shel_B