• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are food festivals around the world. Some have been mention in various topics, but I thought a general topic could be interesting.

I'll start with this annual 'Fish Festival' held here in China. They hold what they call a 'Long Table' feast mainly comprising local fish dishes. It is also accompanied by fun and games, such as a fish catching competition in a muddy paddy field. I didn't make it this year, but have been in the past. I skipped the mud!

6529331fa3109068cafe1681.thumb.jpeg.1c4a9a7a8ee47bde08df6c5a5d0eb5b3.jpeg

Image as supplied to China Daily

More pictures and info here, from China Daily

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are food festivals around the world. Some have been mention in various topics, but I thought a general topic could be interesting.

I'll start with this annual 'Fish Festival' held here in China. They hold what they call a 'Long Table' feast mainly comprising local fish dishes. It is also accompanied by fun and games, such as a fish catching competition in a muddy paddy field. I didn't make it this year, but have been in the past. I skipped the mud!

liuzhou

liuzhou

liuzhou

liuzhou

More pictures and info here

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are food festivals aoround the world. Some have been mention in various topics, but I thought a general topic could be interesting.

I'll start with this annual 'Fish Festival' held here in China. They hold what they call a 'Long Table' feast mainly comprising local fish dishes. It is also accompanied by fun and games, such as a fish catching competition in a muddy paddy field. In didn't make it this ear, but have been in the past. I skipped the mud!

More pictures and info here