• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 9/23/2023 at 5:22 AM, weinoo said:

I don't know that I'd call this a Boulevardier (I know, I know, semantics), as a Boulevardier is classically made with bourbon. 

Yeah, I should have added -ish to all those cocktail names not least because I’m using Bruto Americano instead of Campari as I like its increased bitterness and reduced sweetness. 
I took my permission to play from Tony Cecchini’s NYT article, where he said, 

Nitpickers will suggest these variations are all technically different drinks, and should have their own names and sub-phyla; that’s why they’re called nitpickers. I just call it putting a little English on a Boulevardier

So says the man who puts 2 ryes and 3 vermouths in his Boulevardier 🙃

Edited to add that I realized that I’d previously only made the proper bourbon Boulevardier with proper Campari so I went ahead and made an improper Boulevardier-ish cocktail with equal parts bourbon, Cocchi vermouth di Torino to wrap up Negroni week.  Very nice. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I don't know that I'd call this a Boulevardier (I know, I know, semantics), as a Boulevardier is classically made with bourbon. 

Yeah, I should have added -ish to all those cocktail names not least because I’m using Bruto Americano instead of Campari as I like its increased bitterness and reduced sweetness. 

Nitpickers will suggest these variations are all technically different drinks, and should have their own names and sub-phyla; that’s why they’re called nitpickers. I just call it putting a little English on a Boulevardier

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin