• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I'm sure that things like this didn't help their bottom line either.20230614_064714.thumb.jpg.2cfcb7fd7d737fe612e6f3b69f594ee3.jpg

I bought this in August of 2017. It is a perfect Chinese knockoff of the instant pot. It was about half the price. In my defense, I did not set out to buy a counterfeit instant pot. I thought I was just buying a regular Electric pressure cooker. But it was all it was available in Costa Rica.

I'm not sorry I bought it because the directions were so obscure that when I went looking for help on the internet I found eGullet.

It always happens that when somebody develops something really good, pretty soon the imitations outnumber the original.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I'm sure that things like this didn't help their bottom line either.20230614_064714.thumb.jpg.2cfcb7fd7d737fe612e6f3b69f594ee3.jpg

I bought this in August of 2017. It is a perfect Chinese knockoff of the instant pot. It was about half the price. In my defense, I did not set out to buy a counterfeit instant pot. I thought I was just buying a regular Electric pressure cooker. But it was all it was available in Costa Rica.

I'm not sorry I bought it because the directions were so obscure that when I went looking for help on the internet I found eGullet.

It always happens that when somebody develops something really good, pretty soon the invitations outnumber the original.