• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I was thinking today, always dangerous, and realised that there are no moments of flashy, showy cooking of expensive, hard-to-source ingredients. Instead there is joy in the simple made with delight. I know she's only acting but there is something full of love in the close ups of her face as Kiyo cooks or learns something new to her in the bonito flake store. We see a pot of udon noodles boiling or her chopping scallions and want to eat them and share that happiness.

I have both the original Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually I hate dubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled?

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I was thinking today, always dangerous, and realised that there are no moments of flashy, showy cooking of expensive, hard-to-source ingredients. Instead there is joy in the simple made with joy. I know she's only acting but there is something full of love in the close ups of her face as Kiyo cooks or learns something new to her in the bonito flake store. We see a pot of udon noodles boiling or her chopping scallions and want to eat them and share that happiness.

I have both the original Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually I hate dubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled?

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I was thinking today, always dangerous, and realised that there are no moments of flashy, showy cooking of expensive, hard-to-source ingredients. Instead there is joy in the simple made with joy. I know she's only acting but there is something full of love in the close ups of her face as Kiyo cooks or learns something new to her in the bonito flake store. We see a pot of udon noodles boiling or her chopping scallions and want to eat them and share that happiness.

I have both the original Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually Ihat edubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I have both the original Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually Ihat edubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I have both the origina Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually Ihat edubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm up to episode 7.

I was thinking today, always dangerous, and realised that there are no moments of flashy, showy cooking of expensive, hard-to-source ingredients. Instead there is joy in the simple made with joy. I know she's only acting but there is something full of love in the close ups of her face as Kiyo cooks. We see a pot of udon noodles boiling or her chopping scallions and want to eat them and share that happiness.

I have both the origina Japanese version and the dubbed version. Usually Ihat edubbing but this is cleverly done and even the voices of the two main characters match the real ones. How is it being shown on Netflix - dubbed or subtitled