• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

this may look similar to previous efforts :

Local Signature Turkey Shepard's Pie , rectangular version :

IMG_2952.thumb.jpg.5b258243d0d2716d567d4f0c1a308a2b.jpg

Tranche'd :

IMG_2962.thumb.jpg.a73409207b8beb85ee219211a1ec09d7.jpg

because it is , w a few changes .

the slab of Turkey was the same :  StonyBrookFarm , 20.2 oz.  rosemary / thyme , ground from whole 

on the top.

Sauce :  one bottle Tj's Costal Chardonnay ( dry , no oak , no benzene ) reduced w rosemary // thyme 

to about one cup , cooled and mixed w Campbells cream of mushroom soup ( no salt version )

over that

potatoes this time were MarketBasket 5 lb bag russet  Idaho's  2lbs  medium chunks w skin of course

iP'd basket steamed LP 3 minutes , air cooled   two green onions , good sized , 4 iP'd LP 3 minute HB

eggs , very decent'  over spoon ' of Mayo.  

CSO'd 30 min 350 F   the temp was 135 f when i took it out, and I prefer 125 - 130.

Ill have to check the thermapen , as you can see from the missing trance ( tonights dinner ) 

its not over done. 

this is very full flavored , and a bit tart .  but I like that .  delicious micro's w mixed vag

as before .  not low calorie   

I like the White wine version , and I like the Red wine version .

I like the Bliss and I like the Russett.  

tasty and easy for me to keep working with.

rotuts

rotuts

Local Signature Turkey Shepard's Pie , rectangular version :

Tranche'd :

the slab of Turkey was the same :  StonyBrookFarm , 20.2 oz.  rosemary / thyme , ground from whole 

on the top.

Sauce :  one bottle Tj's Costal Chardonnay ( dry , no oak , no benzene ) reduced w rosemary // thyme 

to about one cup , cooled and mixed w Campbells cream of mushroom soup ( no salt version )

over that

potatoes this time were MarketBasket 5 lb bag russet  Idaho's  2lbs  medium chunks w skin of course

iP'd basket steamed LP 3 minutes , air cooled   two green onions , good sized , 4 iP'd LP 3 minute HB

eggs , very decent over spoon of Mayo.  

CSO'd 30 min 350 F   the temp was 135 f when i took it out, and I prefer 125 - 130.

Ill have to check the threaten , as you can see from the missing trance ( tonights dinner ) 

its not over done. 

this is very full flavored , and a bit tart .  but I like that .  delicious micro's w mixed vag

I like the White wine version , and I lake the Red wine version .

rotuts

rotuts

Tranche'd :

on the top.

over that

eggs , very decent over spoon of Mayo.  

Ill have to check the threaten , as you can see from the missing trance ( tonights dinner ) 

its not over done. 

I like the White wine version , and I lake the Red wine version .