• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

IMG_2939.thumb.jpg.4be0d0c0a8b71ff092c1c73f2947d1d4.jpg

continuing to use the 3 qt. iPot for LP basket steaming 

standard generic MarKet basket Fz veg :  one  lb peas and carrots and one half lb green beans

iPot from cold thaw 00 in LP , chilled then in cold water to stop the cooking.

I love sweet potatoes but never seem to get to them

SP large cut , basket steamed LP 3 min.  cooled at room temp

the SP needed something , so went w a TJ's olive oil // Dijon // cider vinegar .

it was a bit tart , so added a tiny bit of molasses to it.  that added some nice flavors.

the dressing was not sweet.

the sweet potatoes might be better hand mashed while warm  I like leaving the skin on.

much tastier than I hough it might be 

and SP's are going to be a regular item for me from now on.

rotuts

rotuts

IMG_2939.thumb.jpg.4be0d0c0a8b71ff092c1c73f2947d1d4.jpg

continuing to use the 3 qt. iPot for LP basket steaming 

standard generic MarKet basket Fz veg :  one  lb peas and carrots and one half lb beans

iPot from cold thaw 00 in LP , chilled then in cold water

I love sweet potatoes but never get to them

SP large cut , basket steamed LP 3 min.  cooled room temp

the SP needed something , so went w a TJ's olive oil // Dijon // cider vinegar .

it was a bit tart , so added a tiny bit os molasses to it.  that added some nice flavors.

the sweet potatoes might be better hand mashed while warm  I like leaving the skin on.

much tastier than I hough it might be 

and SP's are going to be a regular item for me from now on.