• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

11 hours ago, Dejah said:

One of the Chinese elders is a master gardener when it comes to Chinese vegetables. She always shares her bounty, especially Bitter Melon, which she knew we loved. I usually just stir-dry with beef and black beans, but decided to take a little time and stuffed the melons for this meal. I used ground pork, shrimp, ginger, Shitaki mushrooms for the stuffing

StuffedBitterMelon2207.jpg.cb4ff5f339dc5cfd8cfcffe1647ef994.jpg

I                               

I also trend to the bitter melon, beef, black bean prep. But my comfort dish is bitter melon stuffed with ground pork, mung bean noodle, wood ear poached in a light chicken broth. Used to be able to get it at a little Vietnamese market w/ hot food counter. like this  https://www.hungryhuy.com/bitter-melon-soup-canh-kho-qua/

heidih

heidih

9 hours ago, Dejah said:

One of the Chinese elders is a master gardener when it comes to Chinese vegetables. She always shares her bounty, especially Bitter Melon, which she knew we loved. I usually just stir-dry with beef and black beans, but decided to take a little time and stuffed the melons for this meal. I used ground pork, shrimp, ginger, Shitaki mushrooms for the stuffing

StuffedBitterMelon2207.jpg.cb4ff5f339dc5cfd8cfcffe1647ef994.jpg

I                               

I als trend to the bitter melon, beef, black bean prep. But my comfort dish is bitter melon stuffed with gground pork, mung bean noodle, wood ear poached in a light chicken broth. Useed to be able to get it at a little Vietnamese markey w/ hot food counter. L8ke this  https://www.hungryhuy.com/bitter-melon-soup-canh-kho-qua/