• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

this was a bit of an experiment

using my 8 x 8 " pyrex pan as the base   I've made TML , many times this  way

successful;y and easily.

I made the potato and egg toping in my 3 qt iPot for the first time

32 oz  ( same weight as the commercial mashed potatoes ive use many times + that amount fits in the pan

cleaned , cut into /2 " pieces or a little less.  fit in the 3 Qt basket for LP steaming 

I was able to nestle 3 eggs from the refrigerator on top of the potatoes , and might be able to fit

a 4th .   then the iPot basket is really full .  iPot'ed 4 min LP  ,  minute pause , then release .

eggs added to cold water , potatoes pulled out and left to cool on their own.

refrigerated both items.

I was thinking of something curry-dish , and used Penzey's Singapore seasonings.

mashed the refrigerated potatoes after getting close to room temp , 

and diced up the three geggs and added that.  a Tb or so of the seasoning , a generous dollop of 

mayo , and green onion tops .  added water to smooth this out .  made a difference w easy of mashing

w and hand masher.  the potatoes sry out a bit w their cooking.

and this was new :

I had a pack of TJ's jallepeno chicken sausages .  I shared them all together i pan , and used those as a baser

topped w the potato mixture  CSO cone. bake .  all items were cooked items, so 30 min 400 F

the pan was sizzling , but i thought id try to brown the top :

IMG_2869.thumb.jpg.db5b845406239583f7e49ab51eaa19bb.jpg

this mixture doesn't brown easily , and I know torching would just burn it.

this picture does not inspire , period .

IMG_2874.thumb.jpg.848d35480cb1f621138766a5cf27b903.jpg

cut

IMG_2877.thumb.jpg.d39a89d527bdf0e1a30d0f8a1d817a36.jpg

in the bowl.  

you can see the potato mixture is a a little crumbly.

it ended up very very tasty :  a potato - egg curry-ish something w green onions  , crumbly not wet

the surprise was the sausage n:  crusty char , but piping hot in the middle and very juicy .

this chicken sausages dry out quickly

O have lots of different curry pastes , dry and wet .  I might even get a few of those This curry pastes in the

little can in the future.  third egg gave the mixture a nice low eyed egg flavor.   4 eggs next time 

for something like this .   and surprising  how juicy the charred sausage turned out.

lots and lots of potential here  , which items readily available , easy to turn out , and 

potentially quite flexible re seasoning combinations .

TJ's used to have a andouille chicken sausage pack .  no longer .  to bad.

P.S.:  I was thinking why these sausages tasted so much better than the same sausages I 

cooked differently :   Id micro the sausage , then torch and have a HotDog.

these were torched cold , out of the frig. , then baked ' covered '   30 min 400 F.

0 times better , much juicier   will try a char cold , then micro for my next Dog.

rotuts

rotuts

successful;y and easily.

32 oz  ( same weight as the commercial mashed potatoes ive use many times + that amount fits in the pan

cleaned , cut into /2 " pieces or a little less.  fit in the 3 Qt basket for LP steaming 

I was able to nestle 3 eggs from the refrigerator on top of the potatoes , and might be able to fit

a 4th .   then the iPot basket is really full .  iPot'ed 4 min LP  ,  minute pause , then release .

refrigerated both items.

I was thinking of something curry-dish , and used Penzey's Singapore seasonings.

and diced up the three geggs and added that.  a Tb or so of the seasoning , a generous dollop of 

mayo , and green onion tops .  added water to smooth this out .  made a difference w easy of mashing

and this was new :

I had a pack of TJ's jallepeno chicken sausages .  I shared them all together i pan , and used those as a baser

topped w the potato mixture  CSO cone. bake .  all items were cooked items, so 30 min 400 F

cut

in the bowl.  

it ended up very very tasty :  a potato - egg curry-ish something w green onions  , crumbly not wet

the surprise was the sausage n:  crusty char , but piping hot in the middle and very juicy .

O have lots of different curry pastes , dry and wet .  I might even get a few of those This curry pastes in the

little can in the future.  third egg gave the mixture a nice low eyed egg flavor.   4 eggs next time 

for something like this .   and surprising  how juicy the charred sausage turned out.

lots and lots of potential here  , which items readily available , easy to turn out , and 

P.S.:  I was thinking why these sausages tasted so much better than the same sausages I 

these were torched cold , out of the fire , then baked ' covered '   30 min 400 F.

0 times better , much juicier   will try a char cold , then micro for my next Dog.

rotuts

rotuts

successful;y and easily.

refrigerated both items.

and this was new :

cut

in the bowl.  

these were torched cold , out of the fire , then baked ' covered '   30 min 400 F.

0 times better , much juicier 

rotuts

rotuts

successful;y and easily.

refrigerated both items.

and this was new :

cut

in the bowl.