• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

Sous vide followed by a sear in cast iron pan - strip loin roast last night.  A hasty version of the crispy roast potatoes @Shelby? had posted. Yorkies, peas and green peppercorn gravy complete the meal.

Roastbeef1805.jpg.c09a7a745a5ce00e83832e2227e43f16.jpg

Had 2 slices of the roast left. Did a redux into Beef Stroganoff over Pappardelle pasta.

BeefStroganoff1810.jpg.7846f7fe31f19b3cdb7503518f3f1a11.jpg

Dessert was another new find at the little Chinese grocery store: five-nut moon cake is a favourite, more enjoyable than the usual lotus paste and salted egg yolk variety. I bought 3 tins of 4 cakes each. They keep well in the freezer, but I will be gifting some to the Chinese elders. Only one of my kids like moon cakes, so he will have some to take back to NFLD when he comes to visit end of the month.

GreshDatesMooncake.thumb.jpg.f3a0e2b6b22cc670bd2c3f8fe2297b0e.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

Sous vide followed by a sear in cast iron pan - strip loin roast last night.  A hasty version of the crispy roast potatoes @Shelby? had posted. Yorkies, peas and green peppercorn gravy complete the meal.

Roastbeef1805.jpg.c09a7a745a5ce00e83832e2227e43f16.jpg

Had 2 slices of the roast left. Did a redux into Beef Stroganoff over Pappardelle pasta. Dessert was another new find at the little Chinese grocery store: five-nut moon cake is a favourite, more enjoyable than the usual lotus paste and salted egg yolk variety. I bought 3 tins of 4 cakes each. They keep well in the freezer, but I will be gifting some to the Chinese elders. Only one of my kids like moon cakes, so he will have some to take back to NFLD when he comes to visit end of the month.

GreshDatesMooncake.thumb.jpg.f3a0e2b6b22cc670bd2c3f8fe2297b0e.jpg

Beef Stroganoff 1810.jpg

Roast striupm loin 1802.jpg