• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

The French have a phrase something like "Manger les yeux fermés", eat with your eyes closed.  Extrapolating to Costco rotis chicken, just pull it apart and suck the bones, wings first, then drumsticks.  Then slice the breasts.   Thighs go without saying, luscious.    Totally integrated from egg to rotis, Costco owns the farms or at least contracts to guarantee pretty decent quality and rock bottom price.    Reason for blind tasting, the backstory of socio-ecological cost.  Deal killer for some, but probably not much worse than most American big business foods, non-negotiable for some.     My guilty sin is judging it far superior to the properly sourced, minimally treated rotis bird I buy at my local private super, for 3x cost and 1/4 flavor.     Junkyard dog taste, here.   Don't have a Costco membership at this time since you can only subsidize so much rotis chicken.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

The French have a phrase something like "Mangeer les yeux fermés", eat with your eyes closed.  Extrapolating to Costco rotis chicken, just pull it apart and suck the bones, wings first, then drumsticks.  Then slice the breasts.   Thighs go without saying, luscious.    Totally integrated from egg to rotis, Costco owns the farms or at least contracts to guarantee pretty decent quality and rock bottom price.    Reason for blind tasting, the backstory of socio-ecological cost.  Deal killer for some, but probably not much worse than most American big business foods, non-negotiable for some.     My guilty sin is judging it far superior to the properly sourced, minimally treated rotis bird I buy at my local private super, for 3x cost and 1/4 flavor.     Junkyard dog taste, here.   Don't have a Costco membership at this time since you can only subsidize so much rotis chicken.