• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

MexicanRiceSoupCaldoTlapenoMay5th2023.thumb.jpg.bdef532d12dedce2cee88e4211e08a28.jpg
Since it was Cinco de Mayo yesterday, I made my favourite soup for dinner. Caldo Tlapeno - a Mexican Chicken Rice Soup.
Basically a bowl of rich chicken broth with pieces of chicken breast with rice,
garnished with fresh chopped tomato, onion, avocado, cubes of Monterrey Jack cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice,
and finished with a canned chipotle pepper.

The Chipotle pepper, adds heat and perfumes the soup with this wonderful flavour.

Ann_T

Ann_T

Since it was Cinco de Mayo yesterday, I made my favourite soup for dinner. Caldo Tlapeno - a Mexican Chicken Rice Soup.
Basically a bowl of rich chicken broth with pieces of chicken breast with rice,
garnished with fresh chopped tomato, onion, avocado, cubes of Monterrey Jack cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice,
and finished with a canned chipotle pepper.

The Chipotle pepper, adds heat and perfumes the soup with this wonderful flavour.

Mexican Rice Soup Caldo Tlapeno May 5th, 2023.jpg