• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

荷兰豆炒鱿鱼 (hé lán dòu chǎo yóu yú), Snow Pea Stir-fried Squid.

This the most common way to serve squid round here and a dish which I often cook for myself in healthier times. I'm always wary when ordering squid, eiter for deivery or in the restaurants,but I know it comes reasonably well from the restaurant I ordered this one. The side of unidentified greenery was a surprise, not advertised on the app. Came with rice, of course.

I was given the choice of five spice levels ranging from not at all to damned HOT. I went with the second hottest. I was a bit disappointed to see that they used some kind of hot sauce instead of the usual fresh chillies. But not a deal breaker.

_20230916185027.thumb.jpg.fba147b1fa446d5bac7450e8ac70639c.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

This the most common way to serve squid round here and a dish which I often cook for myself in healthier times. I'm always wary when ordering squid, eiter for deivery or in the restaurants,but I know it comes reasonably well from the restaurant I ordered this one. The side of unidentified greenery was a surprise, not advertised on the app. Came with rice, of course.

I was given the choice of five spice levels ranging from not at all to damned HOT. I went with the second hottest. I was a bit disappointed to see that they used some kind of hot sauce instead of the usual fresh chillies. But not a deal breaker.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I was given the choice of five spice levels ranging from not at all to damned HOT. I went with the second hottest. I was a it disappointed to see that they used some kind of hot sauce instead of the usual fresh chillies. But not a deal breaker.