• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

8 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Yes, when I take the chicken out of the skillet , the skillet goes back into the oven until the juices brown, and the fat separates, which doesn't take long 

at 500°F.  If needed I will sometimes add a little butter.  I add flour to make a roux and then chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and today I put a few sprigs of thyme and a couple of sage leaves from the garden into simmer with the gravy.

I wondered the same. So when you add chicken broth is that from homemade frozen or purchased?

heidih

heidih

7 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Yes, when I take the chicken out of the skillet , the skillet goes back into the oven until the juices brown, and the fat separates, which doesn't take long 

at 500°F.  If needed I will sometimes add a little butter.  I add flour to make a roux and then chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and today I put a few sprigs of thyme and a couple of sage leaves from the garden into simmer with the gravy.

I wojdered the same. So when you add chicken broth is that from homemade frozen or purchased?