• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Little one had a sleepover, and DW and me used the opportunity to finish some long overdue stuff at work. Coming finally home I wasn’t in any mood to cook, so I stopped at the cheesemonger to get the whole dinner setup …

“Clockwise” (more or less): Crisps (almost gone), Bresso, mackerel in olive oil, camembert horseradish cream, Etorki, aged Gruyère, Chevre d’Argental (that was so “ripe” it could be weaponized), Le Rustique, Tomme de Montagne, some garlic-lemon marinated shrimps and my mom’s strawberry marmalade (that my wife enjoys on camembert). Bread not pictured …

IMG_9964.thumb.jpeg.5945dbebf4662872feac3be2d6cf881d.jpeg

Eaten in front of the TV, while watching the 2021 version of Dune. Enjoyed with a recent discovery on ice …

IMG_9966.thumb.jpeg.1f49eee0e3da8da22e482a00bd811ed4.jpeg

No complaints* 🥳

—-

*except that I really need to get a small sofa table …

Duvel

Duvel

Little one had a sleepover, and DW and me used the opportunity to finish some long overdue stuff at work. Coming finally home I wasn’t in any mood to cook, so I stopped at the cheesemonger to get the whole dinner setup …

“Clockwise” (more or less): Crisps (almost gone), Bresso, mackerel in olive oil, camembert horseradish cream, Etorki, aged Gruyère, Chevre d’Argental (that was so “ripe” it could be weaponized), Le Rustique, Tomme de Montagne, some garlic-lemon marinated shrimps and my mom’s strawberry marmalade (that my wife enjoys on camembert). Bread not pictured …

IMG_9964.thumb.jpeg.5945dbebf4662872feac3be2d6cf881d.jpeg

Eaten in front of the TV, while watching the 2021 version of Dune.

Enjoyed with a recent discovery on ice …

IMG_9966.thumb.jpeg.1f49eee0e3da8da22e482a00bd811ed4.jpeg

No complaints* 🥳

—-

*except that I really need to get a small sofa table …