• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Gnocchi made from the last of the stored chioggia beets and potatoes from my winter farm share, with sautéed beet greens from the current crop of beets they are growing, toasted pine nuts and brown butter sauce.

I thought the gnocchi would turn out pinker, but once peeled it turned out that the beets had pale pink and light orange alternating rings.  The gnocchi ended up being pretty close in color to regular potato gnocchi.

beetgnocchi.thumb.jpg.a8f7289598ce41bbb9f96f87f8cc0ff2.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Gnocchi made from the last of the stored chioggia beets and potatoes from my winter farm share, with sautéed beet greens from the current crop of beets they are growing, toasted pine nuts and brown butter sauce.

I thought the gnocchi would turn out pinker, but once peeled it turned out that the beets had pale pink and light orange alternating rings.  They turned out pretty close in color to regular potato gnocchi.

beetgnocchi.thumb.jpg.a8f7289598ce41bbb9f96f87f8cc0ff2.jpg