• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

I work from home but often just have 30 minutes for lunch due to So Many Zoom Meetings. Each week I try to plan one easy lunch I can make on repeat and alternate that with leftovers. Some weeks it’s just rock simple cheese quesadillas! This is about the third week this winter/cold spring I’ve picked this easy dumpling soup.  I’ve found a few brand of mini dumplings I like and I like the size better for soup, easier to eat and you get “more.” Yesterday I had some leftover lacinato kale so subbed that for the spinach. I usually top with chili crisp but instead I mixed in a bit of Gochujang with the broth as I was heating it, which worked well. Nice to have found something fast, tasty, and versatile. Plus it warms me up and it’s been cold! 

There are green onions in there. They fell to the bottom.

IMG_0477.jpeg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

I work from home but often just have 30 minutes for lunch due to So Many Zoom Meetings. Each week I try to plan one easy lunch I can make on repeat and alternate that with leftovers. Some weeks it’s just rock simple cheese quesadillas! This is about the third week this winter/cold spring I’ve picked this easy dumpling soup.  I’ve found a few brand of mini dumplings I like and I like the size better for soup, easier to eat and you get “more.” Yesterday I had some leftover lacinato kale so subbed that for the spinach. I usually top with chili crisp but instead I mixed in a bit of Gochujang with the broth as I was heating it, which worked well. Nice to have found something fast, tasty, and versatile. Plus it warms me up and it’s been cold! 

IMG_0477.jpeg