• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

Addition

Risotto for lunch today. Saffron, shallot , rice sautéed in a little butter, some white wine and chicken stock  for the liquid.  The diced ham and asparagus were added at the finish, along with a knob of butter and freshly grated Parmigiana. I was out of rice for risotto, although I had plenty of rice for paella,  I used Carolina Gold which turned out to be a more than respectable substitute.

And  the last of the chocolate cake with sour cream and freshly made strawberry jam.

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

Risotto for lunch today. Saffron, shallot , rice sautéed in a little butter, some white wine and chicken stock  for the liquid.  The diced ham and asparagus were added at the finish, along with a knob of butter and freshly grated Parmigiana. I was out of rice for risotto, although I had plenty of rice for paella,  I used Carolina Gold which turned out to be a more than respectable substitute.

IMG_3646.jpeg