• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

The dish which comes to my mind most closely matching your description is indeed (qié zi pí 茄子皮蛋dàn), a relatively mild Sichuan dish, usually employing just a little green chilli pepper. It also makes use of sesame paste, which may account for the sweetness you mention.

I have recipes in Chinese for the dish and would be happy to summarise the ingredients and general method, if you think it is what you are after. Just let me know.

Alternatively, search for 茄子皮蛋 on the search engine of your choice and it should list Chinese language recipes (with pictures). If any appeals to you as being close to what you are looking for, send me the address.

liuzhou

liuzhou

The dish which comes to my mind most closely matching your description is indeed (qié zi pí 茄子皮蛋dàn), a relatively mild Sichuan dish, usually employing just a little green chilli pepper. It also makes use of sesame paste, which may account for the sweetness you mention.

I have recipes in Chinese for the dish and woud be happy to summarise the ingredients and general method, if you think it is what you are after. Just let me know.

Alternatively, search for 茄子皮蛋 on the search engine of your choice and it should list Chinese language recipes (with pictures). If any appeals to you as being close to what you are looking for, send me the address.

liuzhou

liuzhou

The dish which comes to my mind most closely matching your description is indeed 茄子皮蛋 (qié zi pí dàn), a relatively mild Sichuan dish, usually employing just a little green chilli pepper. It also makes use of sesame paste, which may account for the sweetness you mention.

I have recipes in Chinese for the dish and woud be hapy to summarise the ingredients and general method, if you think it is what you are after. Just let me know.