• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Tpyo

7 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'm going to have to get hold of Rambutan by Cynthia Shanmugalingam - a new Sri Lankan cookbook. Possibly the best food I ever ate was in Sri Lanka in the the 1970s. More peaceful times.

A couple of recipes and more information here.

Thanks! I ordered a copy.  The recipes in the article are very appealing and it sounds like a book I'll enjoy both reading and cooking from. The hard copy won't be out in the US until October (what's up with that?) but the Kindle version will be available on June 23.  I decided on a hard copy from a UK source so I won't have it on the 23rd but it should be here before October!

I'm also anticipating delivery of three books that were part of Amazon's recent 3-for-the-price of 2 promotion when I ordered but not necessarily now.  Melina Hammer's A Year at Catbird Cottage (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) after listening to her recent convo here, Rick Martinez'sMi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture from My Kitchen in Mexico: A Cookbook (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and Lukas Volger's Snacks for Dinner: Small Bites, Full Plates, Can't Lose (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'm going to have to get hold of Rambutan by Cynthia Shanmugalingam - a new Sri Lankan cookbook. Possibly the best food I ever ate was in Sri Lanka in the the 1970s. More peaceful times.

A couple of recipes and more information here.

Thanks! I ordered a copy.  The recipes in the article are very appealing and it sounds like a book I'll enjoy both reading and cooking from. The hard copy won't be out in the US until October (what's up with that?) but the Kindle version will be available on June 23.  I decided on a hard copy from a UK source so I won't have it on the 23rd but it should be here before October!

I'm also anticipating delivery of three books that were part of Amazon's recent 3-for-the-price of 3 promotion when I ordered but not necessarily now.  Melina Hammer's A Year at Catbird Cottage (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) after listening to her recent convo here, Rick Martinez'sMi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture from My Kitchen in Mexico: A Cookbook (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and Lukas Volger's Snacks for Dinner: Small Bites, Full Plates, Can't Lose (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)