• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lunch in Düsseldorf, at a local brewery. I'm a supporter of traditional breweries and make them my top priority to eat eat and drink there.
3sCKhjJ.jpg

The lunch menu changes every week and every day of the week a different dish is served. This one reminded me of a dish in Bavaria (and Austria) called "Krenfleisch" (slow-cooked meat served with fresh grated horseradish). I prefer it without the cream sauce and with half a root of fresh horseradish. The heat in the cream killed any traces of (jarred) horseradish here.
nOIOQ1b.jpg

Regular man's good and plain home-style kale with Speck and Mettwurst.
McA8IGn.jpg

Pickled beetroots
ZLC6SGs.jpg

Frikandell (pan-fried meat patty)
KHj1HKR.jpg

Tally marks on beer mat keep track of your beer order
K1ekTv6.jpg

Server forgot his notepad. They carry a big belt wallet and do the maths without a machine, as you can see on the notepad.
The amount you see is the amount you pay. One less source of stress when eating out.
wfcxvSC.jpg

- Clever vandalism. Is probably paid for by Miele. Great shop to browse, btw.
- Sitting behind the bus driver on the way home. This is not a night photo, just in broad day light (without the light) in autumn or winter.

--

My lunch at home is simpler and requires using my bare hands.
LqVUrUp.jpg

aD8Q2KB.jpg

qWXLwqc.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Lunch in Düsseldorf, at a local brewery. I'm a supporter of traditional breweries and make them my top priority to eat eat and drink there.
3sCKhjJ.jpg

The lunch menu changes every week and every day of the week a different dish is served. This one reminded me of a dish in Bavaria (and Austria) called "Krenfleisch" (slow-cooked meat served with fresh grated horseradish). I prefer it without the cream sauce and with half a root of fresh horseradish. The heat in the cream killed any traces of (jarred) horseradish here.
nOIOQ1b.jpg

Regular man's good and plain home-style kale with Speck and Mettwurst.
McA8IGn.jpg

Pickled beetroots
ZLC6SGs.jpg

Frikandell (pan-fried meat patty)
KHj1HKR.jpg

Tally marks on beer mat keep track of your beer order
K1ekTv6.jpg

Server forgot his notepad. They carry a big belt wallet and do the maths without a machine, as you can see on the notepad.
The amount you see is the amount you pay. One less source of stress when eating out.
wfcxvSC.jpg

- Clever vandalism. Is probably paid for by Miele. Great shop to browse, btw.
- Sitting behind the bus drive on the way home. This is not a night photo, just in broad day light (without the light) in autumn or winter.

My lunch at home is simpler and requires using my bare hands.
LqVUrUp.jpg

aD8Q2KB.jpg

qWXLwqc.jpg