• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Jet lag has thrown my circadian clock out of whack. These days I eat early and have a beer or glass of wine in the evening.

This meal and leftovers were both dinner and lunch. Stopped drinking S. African wines for many years. It's one of the countries I shun.

OJ2jVAH.jpg

qscryiP.jpg

Chinese-style soup with tomatoes, salted turnips, and eggs.

cHpLSqM.jpg

Dumplings filled with red kuri squash. Home-made crispy chillies in oil.

J6Xw21E.jpg

Soy sauce braised leg of goat with taukwa tofu. Also added some Mexican chillies to the braised.

K6IFwUK.jpg

Oysters and a nice beer from Serbia.

ntqpb0Z.jpg

Forgot the limequat photos last week. I made marmalade.

uc2vH3O.jpg

16hA3YB.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, KennethT said:

Your luggage must have smelled really smoky once you got home!

And of Chocolate, (again). I put all the chillies in zip-lock bags after realising the smell in my rucksack was so overwhelming that I might get chilli burn if I had to wear my clothes!

BonVivant

BonVivant

Jet lag has thrown my circadian clock out of whack. These days I eat early and have a beer or glass of wine in the evening.

This meal and leftovers were both dinner and lunch. Stopped drinking S. African wines for many years. It's one of the countries I shun.

OJ2jVAH.jpg

qscryiP.jpg

Chinese-style soup with tomatoes, salted turnips, and eggs.

cHpLSqM.jpg

Dumplings filled with red kuri squash. Home-made crispy chillies in oil.

J6Xw21E.jpg

Soy sauce braised leg of goat with taukwa tofu. Also added some Mexican chillies to the braised.

K6IFwUK.jpg

Forgot the limequat photos last week. I made marmalade.

uc2vH3O.jpg

16hA3YB.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, KennethT said:

Your luggage must have smelled really smoky once you got home!

And of Chocolate, (again). I put all the chillies in zip-lock bags after realising the smell in my rucksack was so overwhelming that I might get chilli burn if I had to wear my clothes!