• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

25 minutes ago, gfweb said:

The logic is that t here may be salmonella or some other poo bug on the egg.  So maybe pointless, but not unhinged.

But the rest of the world survives!

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. The USA still has more cases
per capita than most places. All chickens in the UK are vaccinated.

liuzhou

liuzhou

17 minutes ago, gfweb said:

The logic is that t here may be salmonella or some other poo bug on the egg.  So maybe pointless, but not unhinged.

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. The USA still has more cases
per capitathan most places. All chickens in the UK are vaccinated.

liuzhou

liuzhou

14 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. Salmomella is not only introduced by shit contamination. The birds carry it, unless vaccinated.

Washing the eggs opens them up to more infection, not less. And refrigeration does them no favours, either.

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. Salmomella is not introduced by shit contamination. The birds carry it, unless vaccinated.

Washing the eggs opens them up to more infection, not less. And refrigeration does them no favours, either.

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. Salmomella is not introduced by shit contamination. The birds carry it, unless vaccinated.

Washing the eggs opens them up to more infection, not less. And refridgeration does them no favours, either.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Washing the eggs opens them up to more infection, not less.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I know why it's done, but there are better ways. Washing the eggs opens them up to more infection, not less.