• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

55 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to make something like this, and how one would go about it. Make the filling, freeze, then wrap good stiff mashed potatoes around it, roll in crumbs and freeze? What do you think?

That should work. I bought these frozen from their bake at home offerings. If you will bake rather than fry, to ensure a nice golden crust, I’d pre-toast the panko. 
Heidi beat me to finding a link!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

44 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to make something like this, and how one would go about it. Make the filling, freeze, then wrap good stiff mashed potatoes around it, roll in crumbs and freeze? What do you think?

That should work. I bought these frozen from their bake at home offerings. To ensure a nice golden crust, I’d pre-toast the panko. 
Heidi beat me to finding a link!