• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

$3.99/lb for lamb chops??  I just checked Whole Foods:  $22.99/lb for rib chops from New Zealand.*  $9.99/lb for shoulder chops that may or might not be fine for braising.  No country listed.

I am fond of MaPo tofu and I am fond of eggplant.  How do you prepare your eggplant for adding to MaPo tofu?

My approach to worsening cataracts is to avoid appointment notices from the optometrist.  Soon I won't even see them.  Hope this helps.

*Shoprite lamb prices are about the same as Whole Foods.

The chops were brought in by one of our local small Chinese grocery stores. I think they may be "discards" when the butcher was cutting the loin chops. They are very irregular in thickness, most were about 2 cm thick. They were packed in bulk. I was so surprised that I bought a bag for $30.00. I may try a Cumin stir-fried lamb with some soon.

I usually can pick up lovely thick lamb chops marked down a Day Before Best if I make Safeway in the morning. I then either stockpile or enjoy that evening. I think lamb loin chops (Alberta raised) usually run about $15.00 / lb.

Dejah

Dejah

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

$3.99/lb for lamb chops??  I just checked Whole Foods:  $22.99/lb for rib chops from New Zealand.*  $9.99/lb for shoulder chops that may or might not be fine for braising.  No country listed.

I am fond of MaPo tofu and I am fond of eggplant.  How do you prepare your eggplant for adding to MaPo tofu?

My approach to worsening cataracts is to avoid appointment notices from the optometrist.  Soon I won't even see them.  Hope this helps.

*Shoprite lamb prices are about the same as Whole Foods.

The chops were brought in by one of our local small Chinese grocery stores. I think they may be "discards" when the butcher was cutting the loin chops. They are very irregular in thickness, most were about 2 cm thick. They were packed in bulk. I was so surprised that I bought a bag for $30.00. I may try a Cumin stir-fried lamb with some soon.

I usually can pick up lovely thick lamb chops marked down a Day Before Best if I make Safeway in the morning. I then either stockpile or enjoy that evening. I think lamb loin chops usually run about $15.00 / lb.