• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

14 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I used to have the same problem - I decided to keep all of the "small portion" stuff - like coconut milk, I also have small amounts of fire roasted crushed tomatoes, small amounts of pasilla salsa I made, etc. all in the freezer door section.   This way, it's always easy to see if I have any lying around or not.

I have a small shoe box sized drawer in my freezer--came with the fridge, that I can pull out onto the counter. Holds all the 'smalls'--parm rind, extra chipotle peppers from the tin, etc. Previously, I used the door shelf and all the bits into a bigger gallon zip-lock. 

Annie_H

Annie_H

9 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I used to have the same problem - I decided to keep all of the "small portion" stuff - like coconut milk, I also have small amounts of fire roasted crushed tomatoes, small amounts of pasilla salsa I made, etc. all in the freezer door section.   This way, it's always easy to see if I have any lying around or not.

I have a small shoe box sized drawer in my freezer--came with the fridge, that I can pull out onto the counter. Holds all the 'smalls'--parm rind, 

chipotle peppers from the tin, etc. Previously, I used the door shelf and all the bits into a bigger gallon zip-lock.