• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I did a lot of frying today so that means I'll have to do a lot of cleaning up later.  I made a copycat recipe for McD fries and a copycat recipe for KFC slaw. I came across an interesting recipe for fried chicken which is half peanut flour and the other half is Wondra.  I used thighs, cut out the bone, butterflied, and trimmed off some of the skin.  We liked it and there was no peanut taste that we could detect.  The only slaw that Charlie likes is KFC and he said it was really good.  I let the fries get a little browner that I should have.  

20220301_171359.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I did a lot of frying today so that means I'll have to do a lot of cleaning up later.  I made a copycat recipe for McD fries and a copycat recipe for KFC slaw. I came across an interesting recipe for fried chicken which half he flour is peanut flour and the other half is Wondra.  I used thighs, cut out the bone, butterflied, and trimmed off some of the skin.  We liked it and there was no peanut taste that we could detect.  The only slaw that Charlie likes is KFC and he said it was really good.  I let the fries get a little browner that I should have.  

20220301_171359.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I did a lot of frying today so that means I'll have to do a lot of cleaning up later.  I made a copycat recipe for McD fries and a copycat recipe for KFC slaw. I came across an interesting recipe for fried chicken which half he flour is peanut flour and the other half is Wondra.  I used thighs cut out the bone, butterflied, and trimmed off some of the skin.  We liked it and there was no peanut taste that we could detect.  The only slaw that Charlie likes is KFC and he said it was really good.  I let the fries get a little browner that I should have.  

20220301_171359.jpg