• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Wow, a lively thread. I guess wings have legs! Even I'm contemplating the idea, although I rarely eat them (except when we roast a whole chicken) and I've certainly never made them. In my youth my mother and I had a silent agreement: we each grabbed one wing before anyone else got the idea. We also had to negotiate for the Pope's nose. I don't see anyone serving up a plate of noses. I suspect my mother was a stealth eater and went for both oysters before I even had a clue.

Edited because I put this in the dinner thread instead of the wings thread and don't know how to move it.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

Wow, a lively thread. I guess wings have legs! Even I'm contemplating the idea, although I rarely eat them (except when we roast a whole chicken) and I've certainly never made them. In my youth my mother and I had a silent agreement: we each grabbed one wing before anyone else got the idea. We also had to negotiate for the Pope's nose. I don't see anyone serving up a plate of noses. I suspect my mother was a stealth eater and went for both oysters before I even had a clue.