• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

@Shelby's prime rib has me salivating. We will have ours on Jan 1st, and hopefully, I'll get some semblance to hers!

And @Ann_Tperfect rack of lamb. hey never seem to go on sale, but I have been picking up chops on "markdown" at Safeway regularly. Have quite a stash and will need a feed soon!
Our family Christmas gatherings have changed so much over the last couple of years, Hard to get everyone together, especially now that one of our sons and family moved to St. John's, Nfld.

Our Christmas day sinner was at our eldest son's home. The in-laws were also present. The kids cooked a turkey, and I cooked up a ham, as my grandson is allergic to turkey and chicken. The sides were plentiful (made my Michael Symon's Holiday Brussel Sprouts),  and we had banana cream pie and melon meringue pie for dessert.

423310701_Xmasdinner19691.jpg.7525f3eb9902b21c040874e4c33e8259.jpg

I made my annual Cranberry Apple Orange Pecan Chutney - great with ham, pork, chicken, toast;-)

410013353_AppleOrangeCranberryChutney9684.jpg.94c58af89fa962342329126a8d40f995.jpg

I kept the "bone" from the ham at home, and there was still lots of meat left for our supper tonight with scalloped taters I made . Hubby wanted apple sauce for his ham. I preferred the tang from the chutney.

178076494_BakedHamScallopTaters9707.jpg.2730ccc7fca2158419e37f13c7a9c797.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

@Shelby's prime rib has me salivating. We will have ours on Jan 1st, and hopefully, I'll get some semblance to hers!

And @Ann_Tperfect rack of lamb. hey never seem to go on sale, but I have been picking up chops on "markdown" at Safeway regularly. Have quite a stash and will need a feed soon!