• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I continue to work w my Turkey Shepherd's Pie dish :IMG_1806.thumb.jpg.b0e09b5ad4119c16869b5abf717e9b79.jpg

this is the current version , straight out of the refrigerator .  I cut the slab in 6 pieces after it chills.

its easi9er for me to make this in the AM , then I let it cool , have a tranche for dinner

or simply refrigerate for the next few days.

Sur le Plate ;

IMG_1810.thumb.jpg.a8474dabed473f99dc282c00483c9f82.jpg

Ive learned to add extra gravy at this point , Heinz mushroom is the standard .  and if out f stock , any Heinz will do

IMG_1816.thumb.jpg.e56ec96d73ac814f350ad626a25796e9.jpg

gloppy , but tasty  this Heinz jar  was Pork , as they were out of mushroom. the darker jared gravy

has more flavor right out of the jar then the lighter colored version :  Chicken and Turkey.

I like diner peas , MarketBasket's are fine .  the small MB peas cost a bit more , and its the same to me

IMG_1820.thumb.jpg.db7d27d953632d17c33d3731b54c757c.jpg

ready for the Micro.   I use either EVOO or butter on the peas , and add some seasoning to them re Micro

what you see here is Tj's ranch seasoning    its quite nice here

basically this is a Potatoes // Gravy // Meat dish.

I either get the StoneyBro0kFarm  93 %  ( mostly white meat ) or the 87 % ( mostly dark im told )

they end up tasting pretty much the same in the final dish.  Id go w the dark meat , but its not that different

from the 93 % n so I get what's on sale.

what makes this dish interesting for me is what I then add to the slab.  its a 20.3 oz slab , not a pound

which bakes more evenly.   I sprinkle some season on the meat , and CSO it for 12 minutes , @ 350.

it seems to look the spice blend , and adds to Kitchen Aroma .  this version is Saeur's Rotisserie Chicken.

I then add a few slices of Mortadella , my favorite.  but mortadella pre-sliced @ MB is rarely available.

sometimes MB ham then.   I tried MB sliced turkey , and that was very nice.  the MB turkey comes sliced frim a compressed

roll  most of the time , but the sliced turkey that is clearly from a actual turkey breast is better.

I then add a few slices of Salami , for flavor .  presided in a package.  then cheese

usually MB sliced domestic swiss if they have it already sliced in packages # 6:30 Am

didn't have any this time , but had some FR Brie from TJ's, that had been aging in a cabinet for a few days.

this is runny and full flavored .  I though this might over power the dish , but it did not !

from now on , Swiss is a second choice to FR cabinet aged runny Brie.

then a jar of Heinz mushroom gravy , then the Family Sized refrigerated mashed potatoes 

960141190-A1C1.jpeg.0ca5915f2494a5fd391c4ac876ed88fc.jpeg

this brand I like the best .  no margarine , and a few flex of potato skin.

I dump the pack in a SS bowl  and let it get to room temp.  I use the separated water that's common in the pack , and sometimes 

add a bit more water and mix that up.  the potatoes end up a bit smother in the final dish.

didn't take a pic of the micro's dish , as I c0uldnt wait to dig in.

this is easy for me to make.  lasts several days ,  and by tinkering w the middle bits , the final dish

varies a bit , time to time.

rotuts

rotuts

I continue to work w my Turkey Shepherd's Pie dish :IMG_1806.thumb.jpg.b0e09b5ad4119c16869b5abf717e9b79.jpg

this is the current version , straight out of the refrigerator .  I cut the slab in 6 pieces after it chills.

its easi9er for me to make this in the AM , then I let it cool , have a tranche for dinner

or simply refrigerate for the next few days.

Sur le Plate ;

IMG_1810.thumb.jpg.a8474dabed473f99dc282c00483c9f82.jpg

Ive learned to add extra gravy at this point , Heinz mushroom is the standard .  and if out f stock , any Heinz will do

IMG_1816.thumb.jpg.e56ec96d73ac814f350ad626a25796e9.jpg

gloppy , but tasty 

I like diner peas , MarketBasket's are fine .  the small MB peas cost a bit more , and its the same to me

IMG_1820.thumb.jpg.db7d27d953632d17c33d3731b54c757c.jpg

ready for the Micro.   I use either EVOO or butter on the peas , and add some seasoning to them re Micro

what you see here is Tj's ranch seasoning    its quite nice here

basically this is a Potatoes // Gravy // Meat dish.

I either get the StoneyBro0kFarm  93 %  ( mostly white meat ) or the 87 % ( mostly dark im told )

they end up tasting pretty much the same in the final dish.  Id go w the dark meat , but its not that different

from the 93 % n so I get what's on sale.

what makes this dish interesting for me is what I then add to the slab.  its a 20.3 oz slab , not a pound

which bakes more evenly.   I sprinkle some season on the meat , and CSO it for 12 minutes , @ 350.

it seems to look the spice blend , and adds to Kitchen Aroma .  this version is Saeur's Rotisserie Chicken.

I then add a few slices of Mortadella , my favorite.  but mortadella pre-sliced @ MB is rarely available.

sometimes MB ham then.   I tried MB sliced turkey , and that was very nice.  the MB turkey comes sliced frim a compressed

roll  most of the time , but the sliced turkey that is clearly from a actual turkey breast is better.

I then add a few slices of Salami , for flavor .  presided in a package.  then cheese

usually MB sliced domestic swiss if they have it already sliced in packages # 6:30 Am

didn't have any this time , but had some FR Brie from TJ's, that had been aging in a cabinet for a few days.

this is runny and full flavored .  I though this might over power the dish , but it did not !

from now on , Swiss is a second choice to FR cabinet aged runny Brie.

then a jar of Heinz mushroom gravy , then the Family Sized refrigerated mashed potatoes 

960141190-A1C1.jpeg.0ca5915f2494a5fd391c4ac876ed88fc.jpeg

this brand I like the best .  no margarine , and a few flex of potato skin.

I dump the pack in a SS bowl  and let it get to room temp.  I use the separated water that's common in the pack , and sometimes 

add a bit more water and mix that up.  the potatoes end up a bit smother in the final dish.

didn't take a pic of the micro's dish , as I c0uldnt wait to dig in.

this is easy for me to make.  lasts several days ,  and by tinkering w the middle bits , the final dish

varies a bit , time to time.