• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I use those pappadums too.  I have a gas range so I just hold the pappadum with thin tongs and flip it over back and forth over a medium flame.  They start to change colour as they cook.  Not as oily but it does take awhile to get the hang of it.

I have also done them in the microwave but you have to play around with the cook level and time other wise they get unevenly cooked.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I use those pappadums too.  I have a gas range so I just hold the pappadum with thin tongs and flip it over back and forth over a medium flame.  They start to change colour as they cook.  Not as oily but it does take awhile to get the hang of it.

I have also done the in the microwave but you have to play around with the cook level and time other wise they get unevenly cooked.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I use those pappadums too.  I have a gas range so I just hold the pappadum with thin tongs and flip it over back and forth over a medium flame.  They start to change colour as they cook.  Not as oily but it does take awhile to get the hand of it.