• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Updated the post

@Kerry Beal and @Anna N often quote the adage that to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Well. 

Thanks to this topic I have semifreddo on the brain, and somewhere recently (not in these forums) I've seen a no-churn red (rhubarb? berry?) fruit ice cream or sherbet that looks really good. Naturally I want to use the CREAMi to make it. is that counterproductive?*

BTW I really like the plastic bag idea @blue_dolphin mentions above. Since I now have 5 pint jars I probably won't need to resort to it, but it's a good one to tuck away for future reference. I'll have to make more freezer space, though!

*It probably IS counterproductive. I ask you: does this make sense in a CREAMi? Or this? But they sure look good! And I want to play with the CREAMi!

Smithy

Smithy

@Kerry Beal and @Anna N often quote the adage that to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Well. 

Thanks to this topic I have semifreddo on the brain, and somewhere recently (in these forums) I've seen a no-churn red (rhubarb? berry?) fruit ice cream or sherbet that looks really good. Naturally I want to use the CREAMi to make it. is that counterproductive?*

BTW I really like the plastic bag idea @blue_dolphin mentions above. Since I now have 5 pint jars I probably won't need to resort to it, but it's a good one to tuck away for future reference. I'll have to make more freezer space, though!

*It probably IS counterproductive. I ask you: does this make sense in a CREAMi? Or this? But they sure look good! And I want to play with the CREAMi!

Smithy

Smithy

Well. 

Thanks to this topic I have semifreddo on the brain, and somewhere recently (in these forums) I've seen a no-churn red (rhubarb? berry?) fruit ice cream or sherbet that looks really good. Naturally I want to use the CREAMi to make it. is that counterproductive?