• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

40 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I guess people just prefer fresh food.

Plus they have the centuries-old traditions of drying, pickling, and preserving their food.

Then again, maybe it's because they tried it and they just don't like it. I can't say that I would blame them for that.

Frozen food has never become a tradition in Costa Rica for two reasons. One is the fact that most people have refrigerators with tiny freezers and the second is that many people have to travel a great distance to buy their food and by the time they got home, by bus or on foot, it would be mush.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

35 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I guess people just prefer fresh food.

Plus they have the centuries-old traditions of drying, pickling, and preserving their food.

Then again, maybe it's because they tried it and they just don't like it. I can't say that I would blame them for that.