• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cc.canuck

cc.canuck

Typo

Yesterday I made two solid milk chocolate bars with inclusions (squares of caramel and bits of shortbread). Like I usually do, after filling the moulds I let them sit out for 15 minutes, then popped them in the fridge for 15 minutes more, then left them to continue setting at room temperature. I couldn't tell you how long it normally takes bars like these to fully release for me but when I checked these bars over 12 hours later they still hadn't fully released, which has never happened before.

My question is were these bars likely doomed from the start or is there something I could have done in the cooling process to help them to fully release? They were incredibly full of inclusions, which maybe could have been a factor, or maybe the tempering wasn't quite right. Hoping an expert here can shed some light!

PXL_20210516_072611537.jpg

PXL_20210516_073600839.jpg

cc.canuck

cc.canuck

Yesterday I made two solid milk chocolate bars with inclusions (squares of caramel and bits of shortbread). Like I usually do, after filling the moulds I let them sit out for 15 minutes, then popped them in the fridge for 15 minutes more, then left them to continue setting at room temperature. I couldn't tell you how long it normally takes bars like these to fully release for me but when I checked these bars over 12 hours later they still hadn't fully released, which has never happened before.

My question is were these bars likely doomed from the start or is there something I could have done in the cooling process to help them to fuller release? They were incredibly full of inclusions, which maybe could have been a factor, or maybe the tempering wasn't quite right. Hoping an expert here can shed some light!

PXL_20210516_072611537.jpg

PXL_20210516_073600839.jpg