• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 minutes ago, KennethT said:

Main vessel... or only!  But the good thing about the wok is that it cleans fast (just a quick rinse in hot water) and the stir fried veg cook super fast, so you can plate your braised dish (typically family style), clean the wok and cook the veg and the braised dish will have barely cooled down.  That's my experience anyway..

What I was trying to say, you have done more eloquently.

Only one thing. Few Chinese home kitchens have a hot water supply.

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 minutes ago, KennethT said:

Main vessel... or only!  But the good thing about the wok is that it cleans fast (just a quick rinse in hot water) and the stir fried veg cook super fast, so you can plate your braised dish (typically family style), clean the wok and cook the veg and the braised dish will have barely cooled down.  That's my experience anyway..

What I was trying to say, you have done more eloquently.