• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

11 hours ago, C. sapidus said:

Thanks for posting this! Definitely going to check out Andrea Nguyen's latest. Her Into the Vietnamese Kitchen has been one of our most cooked-from.

Vietnamese food is like a gateway drug for southeast Asian cooking. 😁

I use that and her other Pho book a lot too. I think her recipes are very informative and useful. 

But I wonder if her recipes come from her family recipes growing up. It seems like that for her first book. 

But it looked like she did actual research and met with cooks in Vietnam for her Pho book. 

I would be interested in learning something more than family recipes and hear more about the technical and professional level stuff that might exist. 

eugenep

eugenep

11 hours ago, C. sapidus said:

Thanks for posting this! Definitely going to check out Andrea Nguyen's latest. Her Into the Vietnamese Kitchen has been one of our most cooked-from.

Vietnamese food is like a gateway drug for southeast Asian cooking. 😁

I use that and her other Pho book a lot too. I think her recipes are very informative and useful. 

But I wonder if her recipes come from her family recipes growing up. It seems like that for her first book. 

But it looked like she did actual research and met with cooks in Vietnam for her Pho book. 

I would be interested in learning something more than family recipes and the technical and professional level stuff that might exist.