• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FlashJack

FlashJack

typo

Paul, I too have the 1961 edition I paid reasonable money for and another from the mid 70s I bought very cheaply. The early one is a gem; the latter one a backward step (from memory there is no recipe for swan).

A man of your habits should look to an older, not a newer, edition. They cut down on butter and fat over the years.

FlashJack

FlashJack

Paul, I too have the 1961 edition I paid reasonable money for and another from the mid 70s I ought very cheaply. The early one is a gem; the latter one a backward step (from memory there is no recipe for swan).

A man of your habits should look to an older, not a newer, edition. They cut down on butter and fat over the years.