• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

28 minutes ago, gfweb said:

So I have these pawpaws. Super sweet and fruity. Banana crossed with strawberry. Not a huge yield from each when you get the seeds out.

011.thumb.jpg.3d76fe39027dc9ddc409c49eeec620b1.jpg

An experiment...mashed pawpaw and bacon on salmon. It was OK, but there may be no savory use for pawpaw.

061.thumb.jpg.cb577d4ba9364e53ee9512a32b92cdca.jpg

nice effort but maybe as previously noted by others - out of hand is best.  Reminds me of my plethora of pears and a found quince tree. Poached in spiced syrup and served with Schlag ended up the most enjoyable as raw did nit work with them. "Beyond the Paw Paw Trees" was one of my favorite books as a child - but I've yet to taste one. Thought they were North American mangoes https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/1518739.Beyond_the_Pawpaw_Trees

pear tree.jpg

heidih

heidih

21 minutes ago, gfweb said:

So I have these pawpaws. Super sweet and fruity. Banana crossed with strawberry. Not a huge yield from each when you get the seeds out.

011.thumb.jpg.3d76fe39027dc9ddc409c49eeec620b1.jpg

An experiment...mashed pawpaw and bacon on salmon. It was OK, but there may be no savory use for pawpaw.

061.thumb.jpg.cb577d4ba9364e53ee9512a32b92cdca.jpg

nice effort but maybe as previously noted by others - out of hand is best.  Reminds me of my plethora of pears and a found quince tree. Poched in spiced syrup and served with Schlag ended up the most enjoyable as raw did nit work with them. "Beyond the Oaw Paw Trees" was one of my favorite books as a child - but I've yet to taste one. Thought they were North American mangoes https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/1518739.Beyond_the_Pawpaw_Trees

pear tree.jpg