• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

Picked these abalone up at the Chinese grocery. Have never had them like these before. Only kind I've ever cooked were the canned whole abalone, which is outrageous price-wise these days.

So, don't really know how to prepare these.

I want to do them sliced and braised? with Chinese mushrooms in oyster sauce. Will the abalone be tough? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

1019929706_Abalone3429.thumb.jpg.b24a485f6ce2b99bc29f1607d8b1adba.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

Picked these abalone up at the Chinese grocery. Have never had them like these before. Only kind I've ever cooked were the canned whole abalone, which is outrageous price-wise these days.

So, don't really know how to prepare these.

I want to do them sliced and braised? with Chinese mushrooms in oyster sauce. Will the abalone be tough? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.