• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Typos

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

I have trouble understanding the whole air frying thing. Proper frying is not bad for anyone. And not greasy. 

The thing is, at least from my perspective, you can reach an age or a state of physical decline where hot oil in any quantity is just a bad idea. Similarly for people who have the patience and the attention span of a gnat. I see air frying as a much safer option.  I gave away my air fryer because the things it did best are not really the things that I like to eat!

Anna N

Anna N

22 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I have trouble understanding the whole air frying thing. Proper frying is not bad for anyone. And not greasy. 

The thing is, at least from my perspective, you can reach an age or a state of physical decline where hot oil in any quantity it’s just a bad idea. Similarly for people who have the patience and the attention span of a gnat. I see air frying has a much safer option.  I gave away my air fryer because the things it did best are not really the things that I like to eat!