• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

31 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I

As/if/when I get to build the place I'm slowly planning, I will definitely make some provision for power in the island (assuming there is one...at present I'm leaning in that direction) and if not in the table itself, then at least "table-adjacent."

Nice to have. Current island has a duplex outlet on both ends. The GFI plug in the waste bin cabinet puzzled me - trash compactor ready I guess. 

ETA: house is on foundation with good crawl space so easy to stub up.

heidih

heidih

25 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I

As/if/when I get to build the place I'm slowly planning, I will definitely make some provision for power in the island (assuming there is one...at present I'm leaning in that direction) and if not in the table itself, then at least "table-adjacent."

Nice to have. Current island has a duplex outlet on both ends. The GFI plug in the waste bin cabinet puzzled me - trash compactor ready I guess.