• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

27 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Quite blintz-like, which shouldn't surprise me as they have a similar batter (obv not sweetened?), as well as to crepes. Slightly more substantial (i.e. higher flour ratio), if I'm reading recipes correctly.

Generally those are a bit leaner (less butter/oil) than either blintzes or crepes. As thick as blintzes, but a bit less airy. That said, there's a large variation between cooks and recpies. 

shain

shain

23 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Quite blintz-like, which shouldn't surprise me as they have a similar batter (obv not sweetened?), as well as to crepes. Slightly more substantial (i.e. higher flour ratio), if I'm reading recipes correctly.

Generally those are a bit leaner than blintzes or crepes. As thick as blintzes, but a bit less airy. That said, there's a large variation between cooks and recpies.