• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

quiet1

quiet1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, liuzhou said:

I don't recall ever having wheat dosa, although I know they exist. What does your local place use for dosa; the traditional lentils and rice?

Yes. The wheat were called rava Dosa, I think? Thicker and lacier and a bit crunchy in bits. 

We got chatting with another RVer (safely distanced) and it got too late to cook, so dinner was tacos from a local chain. Not very picturesque, and there was some flavor I don’t care for, though my SO didn’t mind it. The dessert empanada was good though.

quiet1

quiet1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, liuzhou said:

I don't recall ever having wheat dosa, although I know they exist. What does your local place use for dosa; the traditional lentils and rice?

Yes. The wheat were called rava Dosa, I think? Thicker and lacier and a bit crunchy in bits.