• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I wonder if it's all about storage and/or where the appliance is located. 

I'd probably use the Cuisinart griddler more if it were on the countertop, but there's no room. However, on the countertop I have the Kitchen Aid mixer - which can go quite a while without being used; once I start using it, like for holiday cookies, I'm sure glad it's up and out.

@KennethT - that stovetop smoker you and I own - I don't really consider it an appliance, since it doesn't plug in! But it does take up some room.

And I may not use it a ton, but I'm sure glad I have a vacuum sealer. It really comes in handy, like when I bought a couple of pounds of Hatch chilies and I was able to seal up 1/4 lb. packs of them.

weinoo

weinoo

I wonder if it's all about storage and/or where the appliance is located. 

I'd probably use the Cuisinart griddler more if it were on the countertop, but there's no room. However, on the countertop I have the Kitchen Aid mixer - which can go quite a while without being used; once I start using it, like for holiday cookies, I'm sure glad it's up and out.

@KennethT - that stovetop smoker you and I own - I don't really consider it an appliance, since it doesn't plug in! But it does take up some room.

And I may not use it a ton, but I'm sure glad I have a vacuum sealer. It really comes in handy, like when I bought a couple of pounds of Hatch chilies and I was able to seal up 1/4 packs of them.