• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to close quote

Following @Anna N's post about their toast & jam piece, I've been trolling through The Guardian's "How to Eat" articles.  In their Tuna Melt essay, they recommend going with acidic mix-ins (gherkins, capers, pickled hot guindillas, brined green olives, etc) saying, "In a melt, acieeeeeeed is the way to go. You need that low pH action to offset, punctuate and cut through all that mayo and melted cheese oiliness."  Clearly, Little Green Dress fits the bill here. 

I pretty much followed the recipe for Tuna Salad Snack Crackers except for being more generous with the LGD.  Per The Guardian, I used a nice sharp cheddar. 

A7DD540B-0236-4AC1-8859-318BCEB49C4D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.022d6fb8760eca78d055620f1b98c8ed.jpeg

Not sure I've ever made a tuna melt before.  Maybe tried one on an English Muffin?  Clearly not memorable, but this on was and I will make it again.  

Most importantly, it let me use up the can of tuna I opened solely to treat my cat to the juice in order to apologize for trying to bisect him with the closet door 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Following @Anna N's post about their toast & jam piece, I've been trolling through The Guardian's "How to Eat" articles.  In their Tuna Melt essay, they recommend going with acidic mix-ins (gherkins, capers, pickled hot guindillas, brined green olives, etc) saying, "In a melt, acieeeeeeed is the way to go. You need that low pH action to offset, punctuate and cut through all that mayo and melted cheese oiliness.  Clearly, Little Green Dress fits the bill here. 

I pretty much followed the recipe for Tuna Salad Snack Crackers except for being more generous with the LGD.  Per The Guardian, I used a nice sharp cheddar. 

A7DD540B-0236-4AC1-8859-318BCEB49C4D_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.022d6fb8760eca78d055620f1b98c8ed.jpeg

Not sure I've ever made a tuna melt before.  Maybe tried one on an English Muffin?  Clearly not memorable, but this on was and I will make it again.  

Most importantly, it let me use up the can of tuna I opened solely to treat my cat to the juice in order to apologize for trying to bisect him with the closet door 🙃