• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

We are celebrating "Thanksgiving USA" here in Mexico. 

I am already on Step 4 of my 8 Step Turkey Mole' which I will attempt in an instant pot.  

Today must be my lucky day.  The 4 frozen turkey thighs I ordered were ready for pickup (total weight 3 kilos).  Then I walked by a local fruteria where I had seen camotes al horno (baked MXN sweet potato) for sale a few weeks ago, but not since.   A new wooden crate of them had just arrived!   For the photo I split one open to show the inside of it. 

camotes al horno.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

We are celebrating "Thanksgiving USA" here in Mexico. 

I am already on Step 4 of my 8 Step Turkey Mole' which I will attempt in an instant pot.  

Today must be my lucky day.  The 4 frozen turkey thighs I ordered were ready for pickup (total weight 3 kilos).  Then I walked by a local fruteria where I had seen camotes al horno (a MXN sweet potato) for sale a few weeks ago, but not since.   A new wooden crate of them had just arrived!   For the photo I split one open to show the inside of it. 

camotes al horno.jpg