• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

I'll keep these things in mind.  After 3 weeks, we're still chuckling about how gross the experiment was, but I hope to try some of the techniques here another day, since mom's garden has a huge area of mint growing.  Especially now that I learned I can use other fats instead of the earthbalance sticks (which I think contributed to the pain), it'll open up some alternatives to us.

The best takeaway from this: although the results were without a doubt disappointing, we got a really good laugh out of them and learned something.  Let's keep having fun 😎

OMG I hope to never smell mint simmering away in coconut milk again 🤢

jedovaty

jedovaty

I'll keep these things in mind.  After 3 weeks, we're still chuckling about how gross the experiment was, but I hope to try some of the techniques here another day.  Especially now that I learned I can use other fats instead of the earthbalance sticks (which I think contributed to the pain).

The best takeaway from this: although the results were without a doubt disappointing, we got a really good laugh out of them and learned something.  Let's keep having fun 😎

OMG I hope to never smell mint simmering away in coconut milk again 🤢