• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

donk79

donk79

Cured, I believe.  But I really know nothing about the production process.  All I can say is what I observe of the product.  It is definitely dry and salty.  If you are not familiar with chipped beef, it is sliced very thinly.  It is a dried beef product that I suspect originally included salt as preservative.  Though as I note above, we receive ours sealed and frozen.

donk79

donk79

Cured, I believe.  But I really know nothing about the production process.  All I can say is what I observe of the product.  It is definitely dry and salty.  If you are not familiar with chipped beef, it is sliced very thinly.  It is a dried beef product that I suspect originally included salt as preservative.  Though as I note about, we receive ours sealed and frozen.