• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Yes.  A necessity, for sure.

I actually think I'll have an outlet on each of the long sides...There are times when that would be pretty handy, especially now with so many ipots and electric grills around,

It is what it is at this point.  If it really bothered me I could have a few run to the island.  It just means that my electrical needs are moved to one of the other counter tops.  My island is a bit different in that it is a half hexagon essentially, with room for 6 to sit around the outside - but not in a straight row - obviously  (makes for more engaging/intimate dinner parties, etc)

TicTac

TicTac

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Yes.  A necessity, for sure.

I actually think I'll have an outlet on each of the long sides...There are times when that would be pretty handy, especially now with so many ipots and electric grills around,

It is what it is at this point.  If it really bothered me I could have a few run to the island.  It just means that my electrical needs are moved to one of the other counter tops.  My island is a bit different in that it is a half hexagon essentially, with room for 6 to sit around the outside - but not in a straight row (makes for more engaging/intimate dinner parties, etc)